We aim to get to the bottom of why you have a problem; not just what it is.
All treatment and advice is tailored to you. We treat everyone as individuals.
We believe that it is very important that you understand your problem.
Here is a step by step guide of what to expect when you come to see Rockingham Forest Osteopaths:
- We will take a thorough case history from you. This will include your current problem and your previous medical history.
- This will involve asking you to remove some of your clothing (e.g. down to your underwear) so that we can observe your posture and watch you do some movements.
- Any necessary medical tests will be done
- We will then palpate (feel) passive joint movements and muscle tone
- We will come to a diagnosis and talk this through with you.
- Together we will discuss your treatment plan and prognosis
- If you are happy then we will start treatment
- This could involve soft tissue release, joint articulation, joint manipulation, gentle cranial treatment plus other techniques
- We will reassess to check for changes after treatment
- We will give you some advice on what to do and not to do post treatment
- We will discuss and arrange another appointment
WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN YOU VISIT US